GOT SCHOOL CLOSURE NOTICE?
Does the notice
- Allege violation under Sections 18-19 or some other section?
- Give you an opportunity to be heard?
- Give you an opportunity to comply with norms?
- Contain a direction for transfer of children to a neighbourhood Government school?
- Cite a specific violation?
- come subsequent to a show-cause notice?
- Ask you to close your school in mid-session?
Is that neighborhood Government school
- Compliant with RTE and state norms in terms of infrastructure and pupil-teacher ratio?
- Better than your school in terms of learning outcomes?
- Located close enough for easy accessibility by children?
What to contend before the Court
- Shutting down a school in middle of an academic year is not in best interests of children and it is against the spirit and objective of RTE Act
- Transferring children to an unaffordable school, a non-compliant school or a school with sub-standard learning outcomes hampers parental choice and is against the spirit and objective of RTE Act